Terms & Conditions
General terms and conditions
1. General terms and conditions of sale
These general terms and conditions of se are applicable when using the website
www.solidinternational.be and www.talesbysolid.com and on all orders and sales transactions made through the website www.solidinternational.be and www.talesbysolid.com. By placing an order, the Customer fully and unreservedly accepts these Terms and Conditions of Sale. The Vendor has the right to modify the Sales Terms. Any modifications to the Terms of Sale will only apply to orders placed on or after the date of modification.
2. Seller's data
Solid vzw – Tales by Solid
9000 Gent, Belgium
BTW BE 0668.677.319
Phone number: +32 15 45 98 10
3. Application and placing the order
Every order is considered as acceptance by the buyer of our General Terms and Conditions, which form an integral part of the contract. All other general or special conditions of the buyer are excluded, unless expressly stated otherwise in writing.
As a purchaser you undertake not to pass on to third parties the login provided by Solid – Tales by Solid to access Solids – Tales by Solids B2B portal.
From 25 pieces of the same product type, with the exception of the products from Kenya, a volume discount can be given. For the products from Kenya this applies from a total quantity of 100 products. Contact email@example.com for more information.
4. Acceptance of the order
The seller is only bound by an order after he has confirmed it in writing or after he has started with its execution. The information on the products and pricing, as well as the detailed order information, is compiled and communicated subject to change and correction. Temporary discounts cannot be combined and are not valid for payment with gift vouchers.
You will receive an invoice from Solid - Tales by Solid for the order you have placed. This includes the products and associated shipping costs. Invoices are to be paid to Solid - Tales by Solid within 14 days of receipt of the goods.
Please, be aware that your credit card will be charged immediately after the payment was made.
6. Delivery, returns and exchanges
The ordered goods are shipped at the latest 6 working days after receiving the order. Within Belgium, the package is normally delivered within 2 to 3 working days after dispatch; for the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Germany (and by extension the rest of the EU), this is 1 to 2 working days longer. No delay in delivery can give rise to cancellation of the purchase or payment of damages to the buyer, except in the case of deliberate delay. Erroneously communicated delivery addresses are the responsibility of the buyer and may give rise to additional costs. Unless otherwise specified, our prices do not include the transport from Tales by Solid to the customer's premises, nor the delivery of the goods to the buyer; these costs are specified separately. We are entitled to make partial deliveries. In the event of non-delivery of the goods, any sums paid by the purchaser shall be refunded without interest or other compensation.
Cost of delivery
When dispatching goods, the customer takes over the shipping costs in accordance with dispatch from Solid's – Tales by Solid’s office in Ghent, Belgium to the customer's address.
- Shipments within Europe is via BPost
o From Belgium to Belgium =6.95 euro for all parcels up to 10 kg.
Above €100,00 order the shipping cost for Belgium is free.
o From Belgium to the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France
For all parcels up to 10 kg = 16.9 euro.
For all parcels over 10 kg = 34 euro.
For orders above €150,00 the shipping for these countries is free.
o All other EU countries (except Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France) up to 5 kg = 34 Euros.
Above €200,00 orders for these countries will be shipped for free.
o From Belgium to Switzerland and the United Kingdom
For all parcels up to 10 kg = 34 euros.
Above €200,00 orders for these countries will be shipped for free.
- Shipment outside Europe
o Shipping rates depend on your location, the weight and dimensions of your shipment. Please contact us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Not entirely satisfied with your purchase? No problem, through the following steps you can exchange your purchase for another item or credit or ask for a refund:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com no later than 14 days after delivery with the subject 'return'.
- Send the article(s) back to us within 14 days after receipt to the following address: Solid vzw – Tales by Solid, Kortrijksesteenweg 697, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
- Send us the tracking number of the return shipment by e-mail so we can follow up on the return.
- Upon receipt and verification of the return package we will refund the purchase price in the form of a credit, or you will receive (an) exchange item(s) to the value of that amount or you can ask for a full refund.
Which products qualify?
- Articles in original (unworn / unused + undamaged) condition + with label.
- Return shipments that have not been notified in advance via e-mail and confirmed by the organisation, insufficient postage, already washed or sale items will not be accepted.
- All our articles are carefully checked and packed. Never accept damaged packages + check your package upon receipt. If you notice any damage to an article, please inform us within 7 days after receipt via e-mail. Add photos for clarification.
The costs for a return to Tales by Solid and reshipment to the buyer are fully covered if the delivered product is not the same as you ordered and as indicated on the order confirmation or if the product has arrived damaged. Damage to the packaging and as a consequence of damaged packaging and / or shipping and / or delivery method to the goods itself is not Tales by Solid’s responsibility, but this one of BPost or the used shipment courier.
The shipping costs to Tales by Solid for exchanges without one of the above-mentioned reasons (damage to the goods not related to shipment and / or delivery method or not in accordance with the order) must be paid by the buyer. This applies to both the return and the new shipping costs.
The buyer must always be able to present a tracking code, proof of shipment, when returning a package at his own expense.
Sales - discount - customized products
Sales or sales cannot be exchanged and/or returned (volume discounts as described above do not fall under sales or sales). This also applies to customised or specially ordered goods.
Solid vzw – Tales by Solid
B 9000 Gent
7. Loss and damage due to shipping
Solid - Tales by Solid cannot be held responsible for loss, theft or damage during shipment via Bpost or other courier companies. We pack the products in such a way that damage is almost impossible.
Damage to the packaging and as a consequence of damaged packaging and / or shipping and / or delivery method to the goods itself is not Tales by Solid’s responsibility, but this one of Bpost or the used shipment courier.
Usually parcels are sent via Bpost and all are provided with a unique barcode that can be followed up online. If the buyer has problems receiving his parcel, he can always contact the carrier and mention this unique barcode.
8. Retention of title
The delivered goods remain the property of Solid – Tales by Solid until full payment has been made, including all costs and charges, interest and compensation. In the event of non-payment we shall be entitled to take back the goods at the expense of the buyer.
Complaints and any visible damage and/or qualitative deficiencies of an article or any other shortcoming in the delivery must be reported within 7 days after delivery, otherwise all rights will expire.
Our guarantee is limited to the guarantee for hidden defects and the guarantee in the case of consumer purchases, both provided for in the Civil Code. We are only liable for damage that is the result of intent or gross error.
11. Right of renunciation
You have the right to cancel the purchase within fourteen calendar days from the day following the delivery. Notification must be made in writing, stating the order number. If you wish to exercise the right of renunciation, you must return the goods in their original condition and packaging at your own risk and expense to Solid vzw – Tales by Solid, Kortrijksesteenweg 697, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium. The item must be in original, unopened and saleable condition.
Items in opened packaging or opened plastic film will not be taken back.
If the packaging of the item is damaged, you will be refunded 50% of the purchase price.
Upon receipt of the return package, you will receive the purchase price (excluding any shipping costs) back into your account. If the products do not comply with the conditions of the right of withdrawal, the item will not be taken back. If you would like another product instead of the refund, you will have to pay the shipping costs. Goods that have been designed specifically for you, sold at a discount or are on order will not be taken back. In this case, you cannot use the right of withdrawal.
12. Force Majeure
Solid – Tales by Solid is not liable for delays due to events beyond our normal control. This includes production interruptions, labour force, transport delays, strikes, work stoppages, etc. which may affect us, our partners abroad and our suppliers, even if they are foreseeable.
When you place an online order Solid – Tales by Solid obviously needs your details. By entering these details on the website you give Solid – Tales by Solid permission to use them for shipping. We need them to take care of the administrative side of your order, but also for delivery, invoicing, marketing and advertising campaigns/promotions. You are always free to unsubscribe immediately and delete all the data we have obtained from you. The data is stored in the platform of the website and is only accessible by us as a user, Solid – Tales by Solid. Information used and stored when referring to a payment platform is also subject to the new strict rules of the GDPR. You can always check their privacy rules (Paypal, Mollie, etc... ).The newsletters of Solid – Tales by Solid are sent out from Mailchimp. Here too all data are subject to the rules of the GDPR. We are not responsible for the links to other websites (brands, articles) and their privacy rules.
Of course, we keep all data private and securely stored in our secure, non-public database. You may rest assured that they will not be passed on to third parties. As a buyer, you also have the right to request these details at any time, or to have them modified or removed from our database. In this way Solid – Tales by Solid respects the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) that came into force on 25 May 2018.
If any article of these terms and conditions is declared null and void, this invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining articles.
15. Applicable law
All agreements concluded with the seller are governed by Belgian law. The Belgian courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
Information on the collection of personal data
(1) We hereby provide you with information on the personal data which is collected when you use our website. Personal data are any data which relate to you personally, i.e. your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The responsible person pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Solid vzw – Tales by Solid
9000 Gent, Belgium
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) Upon your contacting us either by e-mail or by means of a contact form, we will save the details which you provide (your email address, where applicable your first name and last name, your title, the name of your company, your address and your telephone number) in order to respond to your questions. We will delete the data arising in this regard once this storage is no longer necessary or else we will limit our processing of these data where we are obliged to retain them by law.
(4) Insofar as we use service providers to provide individual functions on our website or we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will provide you here with detailed information regarding the relevant procedures. We will also indicated the prescribed criteria for the storage period.
(1) You have the following rights in relation to us in regard to the personal data relating to you:
(2) You are also entitled to submit a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When you merely use our website for information purposes – i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information – we will only collect the personal data which your browser provides to our server. If you wish to view our website, we will collect the following data which we require from a technical point of view in order to provide you with our website and to ensure stability and security (the basis in law is Art. 6 (1) Clause 1f GDPR):
(2) As well as the above-mentioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk and assigned to the browser used by you. They provide the entity setting the cookie (in this case, us) with certain in formation. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make a website more user-friendly and effective in general.
This website uses various types of cookies whose scope and functioning are outlined below:
- Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies will be automatically deleted after a specific period of time which may vary, depending on the cookie in question. You may delete cookies via your browser’s security settings at any time.
You may configure your browser settings in line with your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or even cookies in general. However, please note that in this case you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
Further functions and features of our website
(1) As well as the use of our website purely for information purposes, we also offer various services which you may use if these are of interest to you. For this purpose, as a rule you will need to provide further personal data which we will use in order to provide the service in question and for which the above-mentioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we might be able to use external service providers for processing of your data. We have carefully selected and commissioned these service providers, which are bound by our instructions and regularly reviewed.
(3) We may also forward your personal data to third parties in the event that, together with partners, we offer you the opportunity to take part in special offers or competitions, to enter into agreements or in order to provide similar services. You will receive further information on this upon providing your personal data or in the following description of the offering.
(4) Insofar as our service providers or partners have their registered office in a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will notify you of the consequences of this fact in the description of the offering.
Objection to processing of your data or revocation of consent
(1) If you have provided us with consent for processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time. Once you notify us of this revocation, this will affect the permissibility of processing of your personal data.
(2) Insofar as we process your personal data on the basis of a balancing of interests, you may submit an objection to such processing. In particular, this will apply where processing is not necessary in order to fulfill a contract with you, which we will indicate in the following description of the functions in question. When exercising your right of revocation, please notify us of the reasons why we should no longer process your personal data in this way. In case of a legitimate objection, we will review the situation and either cease to process your data, adjust our processing or notify you of our imperative grounds which are worthy of protection and on account of which we will continue to process your data.
(3) You may naturally object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You may contact us as follows in order to notify us of your objection to advertising:
Solid vzw – Tales by Solid
9000 Gent, Belgium
Phone: + 32 473 93 79 16
Use of our online shop
(1) If you wish to place an order through our online store, to conclude the relevant contract it is necessary for you to provide your personal data which we require in order to complete your order. The mandatory details which are required for processing of contracts are separately marked. Further details are voluntary. We will process the data provided by you in order to complete your order. We may forward your payment details to our principal bank for this purpose. The basis in law for this is Art. 6 (1) Clause 1b GDPR.
You may voluntarily create a customer account through which we can save your data for subsequent further purchases. When you create an account, the data which you provide will be saved with revocable effect. In the customer area of our website, you may delete any further data at any time, including your user account.
We may also process the data which you provide in order to notify you of further interesting products featured in our portfolio or to send you emails with technical information.
(2) Due to requirements of commercial and tax law, we are obliged to save your address and your payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, we will restrict processing of these data after a period of three years, i.e. your data will only be used in order to comply with applicable statutory obligations.
(3) In order to prevent unauthorized third-party access to your personal data – in particular, your financial data – the order transaction will be encrypted by means of TLS technology.
(1) Upon providing your consent, you may subscribe for our newsletter through which we will keep you informed of Solid’s – Tales by Solid’s current products, projects and services. The goods and services thus advertised are indicated in the declaration of consent.
( 2 ) The only mandatory item of data required to receive our newsletter is your e-mail address. Additional, separately marked data are voluntary and will be used in order to address you personally. Once you have provided your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address in order to send you our newsletter. The basis in law is Art. 6 (1) Clause 1a GDPR.
(4) You may revoke your consent to receive our newsletter at any time and cancel our newsletter. You may provide notice of this revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by contacting us via the contact details provided on our website.
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies,” text files which are saved on your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of this website. As a rule, the information which the cookie creates regarding your use of this website is transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. However, in the event that IP anonymization has been activated on this website, Google will previously shorten your IP address within member states of the European Union or other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will your full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order to evaluate your use of this website, to compile reports regarding your website activities and to provide further services for the website operator associated with your use of its website and the Internet.
(2) The IP address which your browser provides to Google Analytics will not be pooled with other Google data.
(3) You may prevent storage of cookies by adjusting the settings of your browser software; however, please note that in this case you may not be able to make full use of all of the functions on this website. You may also prevent the registration of the data created by the cookie and relating to your use of this website (incl. your IP address) for Google and Google’s processing of these data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in which is available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en .
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp().” IP addresses are thus processed in shortened form, which means that they cannot be associated with specific persons. In the event that personally identifiable information were to arise through the data collected about you, this would therefore be eliminated immediately and these personal data would thus be promptly deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics in order to analyse use of our website and to make regular improvements. The statistics which we thus obtain enable us to improve our website and to make it more attractive for you as a user. For those exceptional cases where personal data are transferred to the USA, Google is bound by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework . The basis in law for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) Clause 1f GDPR.
(6) Information concerning the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html , and data privacy statement: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy .
(7) In some cases this website also uses Google Analytics for cross-device analysis of visitor flows. This is implemented by means of a user ID. You may deactivate cross-device analysis of your use under “My data,” “Personal data” in your customer account.
Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use the service provided by Google Maps on this website. We are thus able to provide you with interactive maps directly on our website and to enable your comfortable use of the maps function.
(2) When you visit our website, Google will be notified that you have called up the relevant sub-page of our website. In addition, the data indicated under § 3 of this statement will be transferred. This will occur irrespective of whether you have a Google user account and are logged in to this or you do not have a user account. If you have logged in to Google, your data will be directly associated with your account. If you would prefer these data not to be associated with your Google profile, you must log out before activating this button. Google will save your data as usage profiles and use them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the appropriate design of its website. In particular, this evaluation (even for users who have not logged in) is implemented in order to provide appropriate advertising and to notify other users of the social network of your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these usage profiles and should contact Google in order to exercise this right.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of collection of data and their processing by the plug-in provider may be found in the provider’s data privacy statements. You will also find further information here on your rights in this regard and on possible settings in order to protect your privacy: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy . Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is bound by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework .
- right of disclosure,
- right of collection or deletion,
- right for processing to be restricted,
- right to object to processing,
right of data portability
- time and data of your request
- time zone difference in relation to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- contents of your request (specific page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- data volume transferred
- website from which your request has originated
- operating system and interface
- language and version of your browser software.
Do you have tips, positive or negative feedback? Please let us know: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into it as soon as possible or find a solution together!